This article will take a look at the currently available tools and technologies available for PHP development at an enterprise level.
- Integrated Development Environments (IDEs)
- Template Engines
- Source code documentation
Integrated Development Environments (IDEs)
An IDE based on Visual Studio
VS.Php is a Php IDE (integrated development environment) based on Visual Studio IDE. With VS.Php you can design, develop, debug and deploy Php applications within the Visual Studio IDE. VS.Php key features are around providing rich Php editor as well as Smarty editing capabilities. Also is the ability to debug Php scripts locally as well as remotely.
Model View Controller (MVC) Frameworks
- Article: Top 10 PHP MVC frameworks by Mustapha who ranks his favorite PHP frameworks.
- Article: Taking a look at ten different PHP frameworks compares 10 different PHP frameworks on various aspects.
List of frameworks
Needless to say, the order is just alphabetic.
- Achievo - atk.achievo.org/atk
- CodeIgniter - www.codeigniter.com
- Fusebox - www.fusebox.org
- php.MVC - www.phpmvc.net/
- Symfony - www.symfony-project.org
- Web Application Component Toolkit (WACT) www.phpwact.org/
- Zend Framework - framework.zend.com/
- Zoop Framework - zoopframework.com/
- Article: Top 25 PHP template engines takes a look at most of the commonly used PHP template engines. Don't forget to read the comments for readers' suggestions.
- Forum Thread: Complete List of PHP Template Engines? is a forum thread at SitePoint.com on PHP template engines.